Issues to be discussed include cloud computing, broadband, ICT infrastructures, ICT skills, or cyber security. Another topic will be Horizon 2020, with experts presenting details on how to participate in the EU's next research programme.
The conference will consist of three thematic plenaries:
- Create: Disruptive and inspirational ICT research and innovation;
- Connect: Smashing silos, building bridges, exploiting synergies;
- Grow: Let's hear it from the private sector, let's hear it from the start-ups and SMEs. Let's cluster;
It will also include three parts focusing on different themes of ICT research:
ICT for Excellent science:
- Exascale: challenges and benefits.
- Nano-scale: Future Materials and Devices.
- Human-Scale: Access to Information.
ICT for Industrial Leadership:
- Uplifting Europe's industrial capability: Investing in ICT and Key Enabling Technologies.
- Innovating by exploiting big and open data and digital content. Unleashing the potentials of Future Internet & Cloud.
ICT for Societal challenges:
- Citizens - Innovation for better living.
- Communities - Smarter living.
- Government - More than the sum of the parts.
An exhibition of the participants’ most innovative ICT creations will allow a glimpse into the future. The Commission will publish an open call in March 2013 to select more than 150 exhibits, grouped around different themes and future visions.
ICT2013 – for students and young people
ICT2013 is also an place for students and young researchers to learn about ICT research opportunities.
- Students can apply to become ICT2013 student ambassadors. A student ambassador will report about the conference online and will make ad-hoc interviews with the conference delegates, meeting high-level personalities.
- Students are invited to submit their innovative ICT project for demonstration in the conference. 8 finalists will be selected to exhibit and 3 best projects will be awarded.
- Follow ICT2013 online! Follow from the distance what is happening in the conference and what interesting things the student ambassadors are reporting from the sessions, meetings and exhibition.
ICT2013 also proposes Networking Sessions. Participants can propose topics for networking sessions related to ICT in all parts of Horizon 2020 provided they meet the selection criteria.