Staff number : 50-99
Turnover : 10 700 000 in 2009
Description of activities
International Lacquers (ILCosmetics) is a manufacturer and a subcontractor for nail polish and nail care. Two kinds of products are available:
- Semi-finished products: bases and pigmented paste. Customers realise by themselves or with the help of our laboratory, a mixture based on a formula in order to obtain the desired nail polish.
- Finished products: our laboratory realises the mixture thanks to colorimetric methods related to customer wishes. Flask conditioning depends on customer choices.
International Lacquers Research and Development laboratory focuses on innovative formulations and colorimetric methods. Its main goal is the discovery of new raw materials for the formulation of new nail polish and research into new colour effects.
Products and services
International Lacquers can develop a range of colours and nail care products which are based on an analysis of potential markets and customers needs.
Research, Development and Innovation (RDI)
R&D investments (in % or by thousands of euros) : 2,5% of turnover in 2009
- Licence(s) on the company’s/research centre’s technologies granted to third parties
- Use of external technology under a licensing agreement or acquisition
Development of nail polish formulations is a very specific domain which unites 3 different kinds of knowledge:
- the 1st is mostly related to the technical and scientific knowledge of the various components involved in a formulation. This knowledge is characterised by the study of chemical structures involved in nail polish prodution and their interactions. The main goal of this knowledge is the development of nail polish having optimum properties;
- the 2nd point is related to rheology. Rheology is the science of flowing fluids. Indeed, nailpolishes have specific rheological properties which allow suspension of heavy particles of various sizes and also enable a lower viscosity for an easier application by brush;
- Finally, the last point concerns the knowledge of cosmetics regulations around the world. These regulations strongly depend upon geo-political zones.
International Lacquers posesses a high performance analytical laboratory (Gas chromatography, Infra Red, Karl Fischer, pH meter, spectrophotometer, viscosimeter). This laboratory is a strong support for the Quality Control management and the R&D.
- Measuring and testing devices
- Chemical and parachemical industry
INTERNATIONAL LACQUERS (ILCosmetics Group)
Zone industrielle Schéleck II ; L-3225 ; Bettembourg; LUXEMBOURG
Phone: +352 51 94 66 1
Fax: +352 51 54 76
Mr DEROSIER Frédéric
Phone: +352 51 94 66