Staff number : >=250
Turnover : 491 mio in 2011
Description of activities
Headquartered in Luxembourg since its creation in 1870, the Paul Wurth Group can justifiably claim to be the global leader in ironmaking technologies.
Paul Wurth is able to offer a very comprehensive range of blast furnace products and technologies. The range has now also been extended to cokemaking and direct reduction. The design and construction of complete plants, systems and processes is rounded off by a full range of engineering, project management, site management, commissioning assistance and after-sales services.
Paul Wurth also offers an extensive range of environmental protection technologies for the iron and steelmaking sector.
In addition, Paul Wurth has specialized in the project management of major construction and infrastructure projects at regional level.
Products and services
R&D, feasibility studies, conceptual, basic & detail engineering, plant and components supply, fabrication of key components in dedicated workshop, assistance in plant assembly and commissioning, technology and operation consultancy, after-sales service:
- Complete blast furnaces plants & auxiliary plants, specialized equipment, automation
- Coke making plants
- Environmental protection technologies
- Direct reduction and recycling technologies (PRIMUS, Redsmelt, RedIron)
- Equipment for the non-ferrous industry
- Automated handling and storage systems
- Management of large civil and industrial projects
- Engineering services for sustainable construction
Operating some twenty subsidiaries and affiliated companies, the Paul Wurth Group has a solid global presence in all the major steelmaking markets, where the most eminent steel producers call on products and services from the Paul Wurth range.
Europe, Africa, North America, South America, Asia
- Quality Assurance ISO 9001
- Environmental Management system 14001
- Safety management system VCA
Research, Development and Innovation (RDI)
- Patent applications filed per year : 30
- Licence(s) on the company’s/research centre’s technologies granted to third parties
- Use of external technology under a licensing agreement or acquisition
- Research & Development of processes and of mechanical equipment for the iron and steel and the non-ferrous metals industries.
- Design of industrial installations in the iron and steelmaking sector.
- Structural and pressure vessel calculations.
- Finite element analysis, simulation engineering, three dimensional computer aided design.
- Used Software:
CAO/DAO: PRO/Engineer, AUTOCAD 2000i, AUTOCAD 2000i PP,
Calculation: ANSYS, STAAD PRO 2000.
- Metallurgy and metal works
Mr LONARDI Emile
Senior Vice-President, R&D
Phone: +352 49 70 27 02
Mr TOCKERT Paul
Phone: +352 49 70 25 84