Staff number : 10-49
Description of activities
Plasma Metal manufactures an innovative system for surface treatment by plasma which uses an active cathodic grid (TC-Process or "active screen" nitriding).
Thanks to this system the plasma is not formed directly on the surface of the parts to be treated.
This technology is especially used for the surface treatment of steels and titanium alloys. It improves the surface hardness and the wear resistance. The treatment can be applied to ready machined parts.
Products and services
Plasma Metal sells plasma nitriding equipment using the patented active screen technology.
- Ateliers de traitement à façon (tous pays) ;
- Fournisseurs d'équipements intégrés (tous pays).
Greater Region, Asia
Research, Development and Innovation (RDI)
R&D investments (in % or by thousands of euros) : Percentage of human resources: 1-9 people in 2005
Patent applications filed per year: 2 : Licence(s) on the company's/research centre's technologies granted to third parties: Yes
- Design and manufacturing of plasma nitriding equipment employing the active screen system
- Surface treatment;
- Material hardening;
- Metals and alloys treatment;
- Vacuum technology;
- Gas engineering;
- Plasma nitriding equipment;
- Microspcopes for metallurgical investigations;
- Micro hardness tester;
- GDOES "glow discharge optical emission spectrometer".
- Materials and surface treatment
- Metallurgy and metal works
Mr GEORGES Jean
Phone: +352 49 38 66