The Chamber of Trades brings together all crafts companies, i.e. enterprises active in the following sectors:
- fashion, health and hygiene
- communication and multimedia
- other trades and art
This equals 6,000 enterprises employing 80,000 persons.
The mission and the role of the Chamber of Trades are to defend, represent and articulate the interests of its members, who belong to the sector of crafts and small and medium-sized enterprises in Luxembourg.
Activities of the Chamber of Trades
The activities of the Chamber of Trades are, in particular, to:
- promote a legal and regulatory framework that is favourable for the development of the crafts sector and its members
- promote an entrepreneurial spirit and provide support and advice for company creation and transfer
- assist and advise its members on economic, technological, legal and innovation-related issues as well as on their internationalisation efforts
- produce statistics concerning crafts and conduct studies and analyses of crafts and small and medium-sized enterprises
- promote initial and continuous vocational training and provide related support and advice
- contribute to vocational training and advanced courses for young people and adults within the legal framework concerning initial vocational training and master craftman's certificates
- carry out specific missions which are delegated to the Chamber on the basis of a law or a convention
- inform and raise the awareness on observing laws concerning crafts and small and medium-sized enterprises
The Chamber of Trades is a legal entity and has financial and administrative autonomy. To cover its costs, it has the right to receive dues as well as fees and payments for its services.
The general assembly of the Chamber of Trades is composed of 24 elected members and 3 members who have been designated by the Fédération des Artisans for a period of 5 years. The elected members are divided into 6 electoral groups.