With the potential to transform military supply chains and profoundly change the dynamics of the aerospace, defence and space industry – 2016 is the year where the promised benefits of additive manufacturing (AM) have really started to deliver value back to government and business.
Additive Manufacturing for Aerospace, Defence and Space 2017 is primed to help you streamline your supply chain, better manage your material input and process challenges and help you tailor your product strategies. The agenda will cover topics including policy, deployable applications, through-life service and repair, certification strategies and discussions around the new materials and processes that are enabling faster production of larger, lighter and cheaper components.
Providing an opportunity to engage collaboratively with thought leaders, technical experts and strategists in the AM community – hear case-studies and exclusive insight into future strategies to help you take advantage of the performance gains that additive manufacturing can offer the design of your product.
Agenda themes will include:
- Certification and standardisation strategies delivering critical assurance for defence and aerospace applications
- Space, air, land and sea applications for additive manufacturing processes
- Complete production cycle evaluation and assessment of through-life costs
- Training engineers to ‘think in additive manufacturing’ terms to utilise AM’s full potential
- Innovation and new technologies developing additive manufacturing for defence & aerospace
- Commercialisation of research and developing short-term additive manufacturing strategies
- The National Additive Manufacturing Strategy and its consequences for the defence & aerospace agency